|My-Quito.com : Bars
- Bars and Clubs
Many of the new bars (and there seem
to be more and more each time we visit Quito) can be found at
Plaza El Quinde - Plaza Foch or nearby in Juan Leon Mera. The
area has been improved in recent years and is quite pricey by
- Bars can be anything from a
quiet watering hole where you can grab a bite at lunch to pulsating,
loud sweaty dance floors open until the small hours in the heart
of the Mariscal.
- General sites:
- Farras -Ecuadorean portal for young people
-lots of info on what is going on in Quito and Guayaquil.
- Gay bars -review of the best gay discos, bars, saunas and
meeting places in Quito.
- Ghoz -Swiss owned bar known for its music
and games (pool, table football, pinball, darts).
- La Niña 425 and Reina
- Green Olive -restaurant, bar and live music in Juan Leon Mera.
- Lizardo García 667 y
Juan León Mera
Tel: (593-2) 2569173
+ Cassette -
- Calama 368 and Juan León
- Tel: (593-2) 2227653
- Mirador de Guapulo -run by the Sinchi Sacha foundation, the bar overlooks
the historic village of Guapulo, and has fantastic views over
the Tumbaco Valley beyond. Bar snacks with typical ecuadorean
food and live music.
- Corner Rafael León Larrea
& Pasaje Stübel, Camino de Orellana (near Hotel Quito).
- Phone: (02) 256 0364
- Papaya Net
-popular internet café and bar in the heart of the Mariscal.
- Calama 413 and Juan León
- Tel: (593-2) 2556 574
-music bar offering everything from Salsa to Rock.
- Diego de Almagro y Santa María
- Patatus -famous for its parties and pool tournaments.
Owner Alfonso speaks English and German.
- Wilson y Amazonas
- El Pobre Diablo
-jazz music café bar in la Floresta behind Swissotel.
Avenida Isabel Católica y Francisco Galavis, Quito
Tel: +593 2 223 5194
- Q -restaurant bar lounge in the Mariscal
- Plaza Foch - La Mariscal Quito.
- Tel: (+593 2) 255 7840.
- Seseribo: Salsa club near the Catholic University.
Also run salsa dance classes.
- Veintimilla 325 y 12 de Octubre
593 2 2563 598
- Guayaquil, Rocafuerte 419 y
- Teléfono 2300948
- Zazu: restaurant lounge and bar. mariano
aguilera 331 y la pradera · quito - ecuador · t:
[532 2] 254 3559
- Other bars without websites
- La Boca del Lobo -international cuisine in an artistic
- José Calama 284 y Reina
- Busters: British pub in the same ownership as the Turtles
Head, over the road from the Quicentro shopping centre.
- Naciones Unidas y Av. República
- Kings Cross Bar -Canadian run bar serving Labatts Blue
plus burgers, and chicken wings.
- Reina Victoria 1781, between
Orellana and La Niña
- Tel: (593) (2) 252 3597
- Naranjilla Mecanica -cool decor and interesting artwork
- Tamayo y Ventimilla, near the
- No Bar: hot and crowded bar popular with drunken 18-25
year olds -not much more to say really.
- Calama y Juan Leon Mera
- Reina Victoria Hotel: long established British Pub -it looks
right but feels odd like one of those science fiction movies
where the location has been recreated by aliens who have got
the detail wrong!
- Reina Victoria y Carrion
- Turtles Head: scottish owned pub, offering home brewed
- La Niña 626 and Juan
Varadero -popular Cuban bar offering live music with restaurant
- Reina Victoria 17-51 and La
- Search this site with Google: