|My-Quito.com : Hostels
- Below you will find a fairly
comprehensive listing of hostels in Quito. Many are available
at reasonable rates. A number now offer wifi internet. The most
popular area for tourists is the Mariscal, otherwise known as
'Gringolandia'. This part of modern quito around Av Amazonas
and Av Juan Leon Mera, where a good many bars, restaurants and
clubs are located -good for nightlife but not so good for getting
to know the real Quito.
- Do be careful of your valuables
-places where gringos congregate are obvious targets.
- If you are travelling on a budget,
don't forget to check whether the 22% tax/service is included
in the rate you are quoted.
Hostal -bed and breakfast
hostal at Luis Cordero y Reina Victoria.
- Luis Cordero E5-48 (1187) y
Reina Victoria, La Mariscal
Phone: +593 2 2227 396 / 2906 203
hostal -budget hostel
in La Floresta area of Quito.
- Andalucia No 559 y Salazar,
Fax-Phone: (593-2) 2234 - 570
- Arupo -budget hostel in the Mariscal district.
Wifi internet, breakfast included. Double rooms from $30 a day.
- Juan Rodríguez E7-22
y Reina Victoria
Teléfono (593-2) 2257 543 Telefax: (593-2) 2225 716
Inn -Swiss owned
budget hotel and cyber café on Av Colombia. Most of the
rooms overlook an internal patio. Also has a pizzaria with wood
fired oven. One to one and group Spanish lessons.
- Avenida Colombia 1138 y Yaguachi
- Tel: 005932 255 29 12
Casapaxi -a quiet
hostel away from the centre but within easy reach of all facilities.
Accommodation is in single and double rooms.
- Pasaje Navarro 364 (N 24-70)
y La Gasca (entre Domingo Espinar y Lizarazu)
Phone/fax: 593-2-2542 663
Casona de Mario -cheap
friendly atmosphere, single, double and shared rooms with shared
bathrooms. Hot water all the time, kitchen, living room, cable
TV, garden, washing facilities, garage, storage in La Floresta.
- Andalucía 213 y Galicia,
Sector "La Floresta"
Phone: (593-02) 2 230 129 / 2 544 036
Hostel -A nice bed
& breakfast hostel recommended by Lonely Planet Ecuador (edition
August 2006) and located 5 minutes away from the Old Town and
20 minutes away from the New Town (walking.) English spoken.
Their prices include breakfast and taxes and they also offer
cheap Spanish classes.
- Los Rios St. 1730-A y Briceño
- Phone: (593)(2) 2281.695
- Hostal Farget -budget hotel, near parc alameda, offers
comfortable single, double, triple and quadruple rooms, all with
telephones and private baths with hot, running water.
- Calle Sta. Prisca y Pasaje Farget
109 (Sector La Alameda).Quito - Ecuador
Telef: (593 22) 570066-570074-570869
- Fevi E Lodging -guest apartments close to La Carolina, offering
beautiful, comfortable rooms at very accesible fees. Kitchen
and dining facilities included.
- La Carolina, Edificio Baviera,
Moscu y Checoeslovaquia
- Tel: 593 9 9802640
- Folklore Hotel -a quaint
bed & breakfast in La Floresta that is also easy on the wallet.
Wifi, cable tv, breakfast, Additional services include airport
pickup, tours to Mitad del Mundo, Otavalo, Papallacta, Cotopaxi
- Madrid 868 y Pontevedra
Tele/Fax: (593-2) 2554-621, (593-2) 3226-966
- Hostal Huauki -Japanese style hostel and restaurant
set in a converted old house in the Mariscal. Private rooms or
dormitory. Breakfast included. Wireless internet. Spanish lessons.
- Joaquin Pinto E7-82 y Diego
de Almagro Esquina, Quito Ecuador
- Hostal La Iguana Ferreisen -24 hour facilities, internet, bar restaurant,
colour TV in rooms. Located in front of Parque Carolinas.
Azuay E2-270 y Amazonas, Quito, 005932
- Tel: (593) 9 820 3577
Jardin del Sol -bed
and breakfast in the modern part of town.
- Jose Calama 166 y Diego de Almagro
administration focused in security, quality and service.
Situated near Av. Amazonas. Rooms for 1, 2, 3 people with
private bathroom and hot water 24hours a day.
- Gil Ramirez Davalos 151 y Av.
- Tel: +593-(0)2-2522566
- HI Quito -Fundación Hostelling del Ecuador
- a network of accommodation centres where you can enjoy a good
night's sleep in friendly surroundings at an affordable price.
- Pinto 325 y Reyna Victoria,
- Phone: (593-2) 254-3995
de Maple -Bed &
Breakfast hostel located in a quiet street in the Mariscal district.
- Juan Rodríguez E8-49
y 6 de Diciembre
Phone: +593 2 2544-507 / 2237-375
-describes itself as the coolest backpacker hostel in Historical
Quito -for backpackers who want to socialise, take in the historical
sights and culture, exchange info and go out and have a great
time. The hostel is set in a renovated colonial type house with
wooden floors and decorative ceilings. Facilities include bar,
TV lounge, shared kitchen, new bathrooms, rooftop terrace with
great views, and internet (15 mins free daily).
- Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro,
San Blas, Quito
- Tel: (593-2) 2546458
- The Secret Garden -backpackers hotel in Colonial Quito
with terrace restaurant and bar.
- Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios,
- Tel: (593) 2 2956 704 or 2 3160
- Sunshine Hostel
-a small hostel catering for just 12 people in the new part of
- Pasaje Roca 630
- Tel: (59) 2-2234799 / 2-222655
Hostel -bed and breakfast
hostel in a quiet street in the Mariscal district.
- Av. Colón 2088 y Versalles
- Tel (593) 2 2506508
Nancy -budget bed
and breakfast with eight rooms in the modern part of town near
- Avenida 6 de Diciembre N24-398
(entre Baquerizo Moreno y Cordero)
- Tel: (593 2) 256 30 84
- Near Quito:
- A converted traditional farmhouse
high up in the Andes in Cotopaxi province 70km to the south of
- Tel: 03-2814790
- Small hostal near Machachi in
the Interandino Valley, 45 south of Quito off the Panamerica
Sur, offering mountain climbing, horseriding and bicycle tours.
- Hostel owned by Moggely, the
Swedish climber, located just off the pan-american near Machachi
and well placed for Cotopaxi.
- Quito Office Calama E4-54 y
Tel: (02) 255 4984
- Search this site with Google:
- If you are staying for a longer
period, then you might like to consider booking our apartment
in Quito which is available for short lets.
- For links to hostels in other
parts of Ecuador see the menu on the left.
- We have linked up with HostelWorld
who provide an online booking engine for a good number of hostels