|My-Quito.com : Hotels
in Cuenca and southern Ecuador
- Hotels in Cuenca
- There are some really good hotels
in the city -have a browse to see what is available. The more
luxurious tend to be those with views overlooking the Tomebamba,
and there are many hidden gems set aroud colonial courtyards
in the old city.
- Have a look at our Cuenca
page for more about this beautiful city.
- Thirty room luxury hotel in
a colonial house built in 1917 on Gran Colombia.
- Address: Presidente Cordova
10-33 Y Padre Aguirre
- Telefax: (00593) 7 2831251
- Luxury hotel and restaurant
a few minutes out of Cuenca set in 24 hectares of landscaped
gardens. Horseriding, functions, weddings etc
- Misicata : Sector Huishil Km4
Tlf(593) 7 2892361 / 2892360
- Casa Ordonez
- Small but elegant bed and breakfast
in a restored house that has been in the same family for over
100 years. Their restaurant "Los Abuelos" features
typical Ecuadorean cooking.
- Mariscal Lamar y Benigno Malo.
- Cofradia del Monje -http://www.cofradiadelmonje.com
- Centrally located mid range
- Presidente Córdova 10-33
y Padre Aguirre
- Teléfono: (593) 7 2831251
- El Conquistador -http://www.hotelconquistador.com.ec
- First class hotel with an annoying
- Gran Colombia 6-65 y Borrero
Tel: (593) - 07 2842888
- Hotel Crespo -one of the best hotels in Cuenca, situated
on the Barranco overlooking the beautiful River Tomebamba -see
- Address: Calle Larga 7-93,
- Tel: (00593) 7 2842571, Fax:
- Hotel El Dorado -sickly website, and I have to ask why would anyone
choose to stay in an eight storey hotel in a world heritage city
- Gran Colombia y Luis Cordero,
787 - Cuenca Ecuador
Duran -spa hotel
a few kilometres south of the city. First opewned in 1926 by
Ricardo Duran who bought the spa and made it available to the
citizens of Cuenca by transporting them there in a luxury Chrysler
car. The hotel offers elegant bedrooms, along with pool, Turkish
bath, massage and fitness rooms plus a gourmet restaurant "El
- Av. Ricardo Duran
+ 5937 289 2485, + 5937 289 2486
- Inca Real -in the centre of Cuenca, the hotel
is located in a historic colonial building with beautiful courtyards
- Address: General Torres 8-40
between Sucre and Bolivar, behind the new cathedral.
- Tel: (00593) 7 823636 fax 7
- Hotel Italia
- Anonymous looking modern hotel
near the airport and bus station.
- Av España y Huayna Capac
- Tel (593) 7 2840 060
- Mansion Alcazar
- Small boutique hotel in the
centre of Cuenca with 11 luxury rooms and three suites. Top class
restaurant, "Casa Alonso" plus coffee lounge and bar.
- Calle Bolivar 12-55 Tarqui,Cuenca
- Tel (00593) 7 823918
de Lago -hotel and
conference centre in the centre of town.
- Address: Av. Ordóñez
- Tel (00593) 7 2837339 - 237212
Fax: 7 2842833
- Presidente -http://www.hotelcasinopresidente.com.ec
- Four star hotel and casino with
70 rooms, restaurant, conference facilities etc.
- Gran Colombia 6-59 y Hno. Miguel
Tel: (593) - 07 2831066 / 1341 / 1979
- Posada del Angel -a small cheery hostal located in a restored colonial
house in the old town.
- Address: Bolívar 14-11
and Estévez de Toral (old town)
Phone: (593 7) 2 840695 / 2 821360
- Oro Verde
- Swiss hotel in a quiet location
bordering the Tomebamba River and a beautiful lagoon.
- Address: Av. Ordóñez
- Tel: (00593) - 7 - 2831200 Fax:
593 - 7 - 2832849
- Rio Piedra
- Centrally located mid range
hotel with 12 rooms; restaurant, internet
- Presidente Córdova 8-40
y Luís Cordero
- Telf: 593-7-2843821 / 2839676
- San Andres
- Simple but elegant colonial
hotel in the historic centre of Cuenca. Internet access; bar.
- Gran Colombia 11-66 and Tarqui,
- Telephone 2850039 - 2841497
- Santa Ana
- Santa Lucia
-situated in the heart of Cuenca's colonial center, just a few
steps from the main plaza, this beautiful restored republican
house built in 1859 offers a classy colonial atmosphere with
- Address: Antonio Borrero 8-44
y Sucre, Cuenca
- Tel: (00593) 7 828 000 Fax:
(593) 7 842 443
- Victoria -hotel on the Barranco with El Jardín
- Address: Calle Larga 6-93 y
- Te: (00593) 7 827401
- Set in an old family hacienda
near Paute, 40 minutes from Cuenca, the Hosteria is still run
by descendants of the Muñoz family who owned the hacienda
in the mid 19th century. The popular villages of Gualaceo and
Chordeleg are located nearby.
- Km. 32 vía Paute
- Phone. (593) 7 225-0374
- Loja, Vilcabamba and the south
-four star hotel in the centre of Loja.
- Address: August 10 among Av.
University and November 18 St.
- Tel: (00593)-7 2577021 / 2577022
- Hosteria Ruinas de la Quinara -located in the famous valley of longevity
at Vilcabamba, the family orientated hosteria is surrounded by
gardens with exotic flowers and offers organic food, panoramic
views, horse riding, pool, massage and beauty services.
- Via a Yambburara Vilcabamba
- Tel (005933)-7 2640301
-private lodges, restaurant in a natural pool setting with water
falls and lagoons, with a spectacular view over the famous "Valley
- Vilcabamba, Loja
- Tel: (00593) 7 2640095
-luxury hotel in Vilcabamba.
- PO Box 288, Loja
- Tel: (00593)-7-264-0269
- Posada Ingapirca -located 500m from the ruins of Ingapirca.
- Tel: (00593) 7-290670
- Cabanas Rio Yambala -ecological center at Vilcabamba, in the foothills
of the Podocarpus National Park, perfect for hiking, horse trekking
- Cabañas Rio Yambala lies
5km's east of Vilcabamba
- Tel: 091062762
Wilco -nature reserve
and ecolodge in a beatiful site 15 minutes walk from the centre
of Vilcabamba run by Orlando and Alicia Falco. Read about them
in this article in the Guardian.
More about Cuenca
- See also Hostels
in Cuenca for budget accommodation.
- Search this site with Google:
- Hotel Crespo
- Perched above the Rio Tomebamba,
the Crespo is one of the cities oldest and most elegant hotels.
Extensive wooden panelling gives the hotel an art nouveau feel.
- Ecuador and the Galapagos
Islands (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
- Danny Palmerlee, Michael Grosberg,
and Carolyn McCarthy
- Paperback - 1 Aug 2006
- Price in UK pounds
- Price in US dollars
- in association with
- click here for more books